Termite Inspection and Control in California
They may be tiny, but in just a short time, termites can do some serious damage to the structure of your home.
A Good Offense is the Best Defense
With termites, the best course of action is to take preventive measures to ensure termites never have the opportunity to invade your home. At Preventive Pest Control, we have extensive termite knowledge and can use that to make your house less appealing to these destructive pests. This typically means:
- Protecting foundation walls, piers, and any other element of your home structure that needs to remain strong and intact
- Sealing off foundation cracks near plumbing
- Checking that expansion points are inaccessible
- Preventing entrance via hollow block walls
Even with the proper preventive measures in place, it is good to know the signs of termites so you can catch an infestation before it grows out of hand. The most common signs of a potential termite infestation include:
- Actual sightings of termites
- Swarms of termites in the springtime (this typically happens after rainfall)
- Mud tubes near the foundation of your home
- Sand-like pellets scattered anywhere in your home
- Obvious holes or wood damage inside or outside of your home
- Discarded wings
How Termites Damage Your Home
Termites are very social insects, which means they live in colonies and work together, each performing a specific role within the group. Since they team up together, termites can easily eat away at the wood supporting the structure of your home, which can seriously compromise the structural integrity of your home. Depending on the type of termite at your house, you can expect extensive damage to your home in just a short time when termites are present.
Types of Termites in Southern California
The three most common types of termites you may encounter in Southern California include:
- Dampwood termites
- Dry-wood termites
- Subterranean termites (including Formosan termites)
Contact Us for Help
Do you think you might have termites present on your property?
Contact Preventive Pest Control to get rid of your termite problem today!